We are Philadelphia’s #1 rated and award-winning board game cafe with a full restaurant, a full bar, and a full retail game and puzzle store all rolled into one.
We are currently offering food and drinks for take-out or delivery, as well as full service outdoor seating 7 days a week.
Our many retail games and puzzles are available for in-store browsing during any of our operating hours. You can also browse and purchase online for pick up, local delivery, or nationwide shipping.
Masks are required at all times except when seated for outdoor dining. All staff wear masks and gloves.
Outdoor seating is in our parklet and the sidewalk in front. The tables are spaced 6 feet apart, have umbrella cover, and are sanitized between guests. We can seat groups up to 4 maximum. All State and City regulations regarding Covid-19 are followed.
Even though this is a difficult time for all of us, we hope that some time spent at Queen & Rook will make it pass a little easier.
Our current hours are:
Monday through Thursday open with outdoor seating available from 5pm to 9pm.
Outdoor dining available, Friday and Saturday from 12pm to 10pm and Sunday from 12pm to 8pm.
Follow us on social media for updates!
Queen & Rook is located at 607 South 2nd Street in Philadelphia, between South and Bainbridge Streets.
- By Subway: We’re about a 20 minute walk from the 2nd Street stop on the SEPTA Market-Frankford Line
- By Bus: The #40 bus stops at 2nd and South Streets; the #57 bus stops at 3rd and South Streets
On-street parking is available near Queen & Rook, and there are several lots nearby, including:
- Park America at 215 Lombard Street
- Abbott Square Garage at 530 South 2nd Street
- E-Z Park at 303 Bainbridge Street
- Washington Square Garage at 249 South 6th Street
- Front Street Garage at 512 South Front Street
Queen & Rook is ADA accessible! We have an ADA-compliant ramp, restrooms, and tables.
Restrooms & Inclusivity
We have a family restroom, and all restrooms at Queen & Rook are gender neutral.
Queen & Rook has the perfect present for the gamer who has everything: gift cards! These can be used to buy meals and beverages, pay library fees, or purchase games and other merchandise in our shop, where we offer a curated selection of board games, cards and booster packs, dice, and RPGs.
- 34th Street – This Board Game Cafe is the Site of Your Next Night Out
- Philadelphia Inquirer – Queen & Rook brings fun and games (plus drinks and vegetarian food) to Queen Village
- Philadelphia Inquirer – Queen & Rook is a board-game cafe with a twist
- Billy Penn – Philly’s newest board game cafe: 1,200 titles, Vietnamese coffee and an inclusive vibe
- Philadelphia Magazine – Queen & Rook Is About to Open With Board Games and Vegetarian Fare
- The Painted Lines – Suit Up! @ Keystone Comic Con – Queen & Rook Game Cafe
- Eater Philadelphia – New Queen Village Bar Will Stock More Than 1,000 Board Games
- Philadelphia Magazine – Queen & Rook, a Board Game Cafe, Will Open in Queen Village
- Philadelphia Inquirer – Their move: Queen & Rook, a game cafe, is coming to South Street
- Philly Current – All the Right Moves