We are Philadelphia’s #1 rated and award-winning board game cafe with a full restaurant, a full bar, and a full retail game and puzzle store all rolled into one.
We are currently offering food and drinks for take-out or delivery, as well as full service outdoor and indoor seating 7 days a week.
Our current hours are:
Monday through Thursday from 5pm to 10pm.
Friday from 5pm to 12am and Saturday from 10am to 12am and Sunday open from 10am to 8pm.
Our many retail games and puzzles are available for in-store browsing during any of our operating hours. You can also browse and purchase online for pick up, local delivery, or nationwide shipping.
All State and City regulations regarding Covid-19 are followed.
Follow us on social media for updates!
Queen & Rook is located at 607 South 2nd Street in Philadelphia, between South and Bainbridge Streets.
- By Subway: We’re about a 20 minute walk from the 2nd Street stop on the SEPTA Market-Frankford Line
- By Bus: The #40 bus stops at 2nd and South Streets; the #57 bus stops at 3rd and South Streets
On-street parking is available near Queen & Rook, and there are several lots nearby, including:
- Park America at 215 Lombard Street
- Abbott Square Garage at 530 South 2nd Street
- E-Z Park at 303 Bainbridge Street
- Washington Square Garage at 249 South 6th Street
- Front Street Garage at 512 South Front Street
Queen & Rook is ADA accessible! We have an ADA-compliant ramp, restrooms, and tables.
Restrooms & Inclusivity
We have a family restroom, and all restrooms at Queen & Rook are gender neutral.
Queen & Rook has the perfect present for the gamer who has everything: gift cards! These can be used to buy meals and beverages, pay library fees, or purchase games and other merchandise in our shop, where we offer a curated selection of board games, cards and booster packs, dice, and RPGs.
- Philadelphia Magazine- Best Of Philly 2020
- Foobooz- Best Places to Eat Outdoors in Philly
- Philadelphia Inquirer- Vegan Wings in Philly
- 34th Street – This Board Game Cafe is the Site of Your Next Night Out
- Philadelphia Inquirer – Queen & Rook brings fun and games (plus drinks and vegetarian food) to Queen Village
- Philadelphia Inquirer – Queen & Rook is a board-game cafe with a twist
- Billy Penn – Philly’s newest board game cafe: 1,200 titles, Vietnamese coffee and an inclusive vibe
- Philadelphia Magazine – Queen & Rook Is About to Open With Board Games and Vegetarian Fare
- The Painted Lines – Suit Up! @ Keystone Comic Con – Queen & Rook Game Cafe
- Eater Philadelphia – New Queen Village Bar Will Stock More Than 1,000 Board Games
- Philadelphia Magazine – Queen & Rook, a Board Game Cafe, Will Open in Queen Village
- Philadelphia Inquirer – Their move: Queen & Rook, a game cafe, is coming to South Street
- Philly Current – All the Right Moves