Looking to start a choose-your-own-adventure with us at our board game cafe in Queen Village, Philadelphia. Queen & Rook Game Cafe is looking for great people to join in on the fun, see position descriptions below:
Discounts on Games and food
Paid Sick time
Inclusion in health plan
Staff meals and drinks
Queen & Rook Game Cafe is in search of:
Youth Programs Assistant Teacher
Job Description: Queen & Rook Youth Programs is hiring an Assistant Teacher!
- Leading small groups of children in board game play, board game play tests, and various other activities
- Supporting children in settling disputes and disagreements
- Passing out snacks and drinks to children at snack time
- Monitoring physical safety of children on-site and on walks locally
- Checking in with parents and making sure the sign in/out is completed
- Attending Youth Programs team meetings and trainings, as needed
- Light cleaning and housekeeping, as needed, throughout the day
Previous experience working with children in group settings required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience with modern board games, RPGs, and/or TCGs (highly recommended)
- Be familiar with afterschool programs and/or summer camps
- Demonstrate ability to build strong rapport with children and teens
- Have experience working with neurodivergent children
- Be able to complete required clearances, including PA Child Abuse History, PA State Police Criminal Records Check, and FBI Criminal Background Check (will be reimbursed)
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Be able to reliably commute to Philadelphia, PA 19147 (or be willing to relocate prior to starting) – required
- Employee discount
- Primary healthcare plan for you and your dependents
- Accrued paid sick time
Education: Associate’s (preferred)
Email your resume, and references to: email@example.com Note position in the subject line. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until filled.
Women, BIPOC / POC, LGBTQIA+ folks, and people from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Queen & Rook Game Cafe is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, ability, ancestry, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.