Queen & Rook Game Cafe is in search of great Assistant Managers looking to start a choose-your-own-adventure with us at our new board game cafe in Queen Village, Philadelphia.
Queen & Rook Game Cafe is a full service restaurant with a liquor license, a library of 1,000+ board games, and retail sales. Our menu focuses on plant-based small plates and international appetizers. We strive to keep people coming back for more with delicious, creative twists on classics; sourced as local as we can, and with a low impact on the planet.
The Assistant Manager position will be responsible for front of house operations. Core measures are: customer experience, game library management, and retail sales.
This is a full time and fulfilling position with definite chances for advancement as we grow our brand! It requires availability to work varying schedules including holidays, weekends, and alternate shifts. As a full time position, the Assistant Manager is eligible for our health insurance plan and other benefits.
**Qualified candidates must have 2+ years of experience managing front of house in a high-volume restaurant. Knowledge of board games and board game culture preferred but not required. Retail experience is preferred but not required. Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods. May require pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, as needed.**
- Set the example in leading front of house staff.
- Train and encourage professional development of staff.
- Demonstrate great communication skills – in person, on the phone, by email, in text messages, or when using any other communication tool.
- Resolve any issues or complaints that arise through your own action or by communicating with a Manager.
- Ensure all cash handling policies and procedures are followed.
- Abide by all state, federal, and local requirements for serving alcoholic beverages, and ensure proper liquor controls are in place.
- Ensure that the restaurant complies with all sanitation and safety standards for front of house operations.
- Participate in Queen & Rook marketing efforts and stay informed on food, customer service, and board game trends.
- Manage sales and stock of retail games and game library.
- Other duties as required.
Successful applicants should be flexible and ready to jump in wherever needed. They must have positive energy, a passion for customer service, be professional and strive for perfection, while also loving a fun environment with a diverse cast of characters who will rely on you and will be relied on by you.
Email your cover letter, resume, and references to: email@example.com Note “Asst. Manager” in the subject line. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until filled.
Queen & Rook Game Cafe is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, ability, ancestry, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.