Queen & Rook Game Cafe is in search of great Servers looking to start a choose-your-own-adventure with us at our new board game cafe in Queen Village, Philadelphia.
Queen & Rook Game Cafe is a full service restaurant with a liquor license, a library of 1,000+ board games, and retail sales. Our menu focuses on plant-based small plates and international appetizers. We strive to keep people coming back for more with delicious, creative twists on classics; sourced as local as we can, and with a low impact on the planet.
Full time and part time positions are available with full time being eligible for our health insurance plan. Base pay starts at $6 / hour + tips, more than double the state minimum!
** Previous experience in a high-volume full-service restaurant is preferred. Knowledge of board games and board game culture preferred but not required. Must be able to stand, walk, carry plates, bend and reach for extended periods. May require pushing, lifting up to 35 pounds, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, as needed. Must be at least 18 years old at the time of hire. **
- Greeting and interacting with guests in a warm welcoming manner.
- Guiding guests through our menu; being knowledgeable about our food, preparations, and ingredients.
- Taking accurate food and drink orders and providing friendly, attentive service that makes our guests look forward to their next visit.
- Quickly and accurately handle payment.
- Arrive on time to each shift ready to work.
- Learn about board games for sale and in our game library and be able to make recommendations to guests based on training and software assistance.
- Other duties as required.
Successful applicants should be flexible and ready to jump in wherever needed. They must have positive energy, a passion for customer service, and the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner.
Email resume, and references to: email@example.com Note “Server” in the subject line. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until filled.
Queen & Rook Game Cafe is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, ability, ancestry, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.