Queen & Rook Game Cafe is in search of great Host looking to start a choose-your-own-adventure with us at our new board game cafe in Queen Village, Philadelphia.
Queen & Rook Game Cafe is a full service restaurant with a liquor license, a library of 1,000+ board games, and retail sales. Our menu focuses on plant-based small plates and international appetizers. We strive to keep people coming back for more with delicious, creative twists on classics; sourced as local as we can, and with a low impact on the planet.
The Host position will be responsible for reception and retail area.
This is a part time position with definite chances for advancement as we grow our brand! It requires availability to work varying schedules including holidays, weekends, and alternate shifts.
- Greet customers as soon as they walk through the door.
- Maintain a neat, organized front-of-house environment.
- Seat guests and take initial drink orders as needed to ensure speed of service.
- Assist with opening/closing tasks and side work as needed.
- Communicate well with other staff.
- Rotate seating between different stations to ensure even workloads for waitstaff.
- Answer phones and schedule reservations.
- Use of Reservation/ loyalty software
- Use of Point of Sale system for merchandise purchases.
- Training on retail board game section to make guided recommendations.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and skills
Qualified candidates must have at least 1 year of experience as a host in a high-volume restaurant. Retail experience is a plus. Knowledge of board games and board game culture preferred but not required. Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods. May require pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, as needed. Must have the ability to stay off cell phone during shift. You should also be the type of person that can keep calm and stay pleasant under pressure and while handling multiple tasks.
Successful applicants should be flexible and ready to jump in wherever needed. They must have positive energy, a passion for customer service, be professional and strive for perfection, while also loving a fun environment with a diverse cast of characters who will rely on you and will be relied on by you.
Email your resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Note “Host” in the subject line. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until filled.
Queen & Rook Game Cafe is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, ability, ancestry, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.