Queen & Rook Game Cafe is in search of Gamekeepers looking to start a choose-your- own-adventure with us at our new board game cafe in Queen Village, Philadelphia. Queen & Rook Game Cafe is a full service restaurant with a liquor license, a library of 1,000+ board games, and retail sales. Our menu focuses on plant-based small plates and international appetizers. We strive to keep people coming back for more with delicious, creative twists on classics; sourced as local as we can, and with a low impact on the planet.
As the Gamekeeper you are responsible for the guest experience with the game library.
You will be the primary source of game recommendation and quick walk-throughs as well as rules knowledge for our guests. You will need to tailor the recommendation to the particular group and situation based on personal knowledge of the game.
** This is a part time position. Knowledge of board games and board game culture is required. Previous experience in a high-volume full-service restaurant is preferred but not required. Teaching or training experience is preferred but not required. Roleplaying Game Master experience is preferred but not required. Must be able to stand, walk, bend and reach for extended periods. May require pushing, lifting up to 35 pounds, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, as needed. **
● Greeting and interacting with guests in a warm welcoming manner.
● Training on and teaching the many board games in our game library.
● Able to make thoughtful and fun recommendations to guests looking for a game to play, while avoiding judgment about their choices.
● Able to provide quick walk-throughs to teach guests how to play the games they choose.
● Participate in Queen & Rook marketing efforts and stay informed on customer service, and board game trends.
● Performing Game Master duties for RPG game session when needed.
● Support sales and stock of retail games and game library.
● Stay informed on board game culture, including trends, major releases,
● Assisting with bussing tables or attending to food service when needed.
● Quickly and accurately handle payment.
● Arrive on time to each shift ready to work.
● Other duties as required.
Successful applicants should be flexible and ready to jump in wherever needed. They must have positive energy, a passion for customer service, and the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner.
Email your resume, gaming experience and references to:
email@example.com Note “Gamekeeper” in the subject line. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until filled.
Queen & Rook Game Cafe is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, ability, ancestry, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.